Wednesday, June 13, 2007

randoms are better than nothing...

Or so I'm hoping. For randoms are all I got.

Caught up with the Lowery's a couple weeks ago and took in Hillsong United for my first time ever. Amazing. Simply amazing. A bit claustrophobic with such a crowded auditorium and much standing in line, but worth it. [We did however manage to choose seats directly in front of a: soprano HIllsong United wannabe; tool of a youth sponsor; young lady who seriously needs some zync-for-the-stink pills for her feet. Or maybe just some new flip flops...seriously...all in the same youth group]

Crowder was here yesterday. Pretty cool. And how did I meet him? In the Green Room cackling away at something John was saying to me on my cell phone. You know the cackle. I turned around and found all 6 plus feet of him right behind me. Beautiful. "Where's the bathroom?" Right behind me. Cackling like an old fool.

I have over a dozen tomatoes ripening on the vine outside my garage. Dad would out-brag me, but he isn't here, so I win by default.

Gaining weight isn't near as much fun as losing it.

Currently reading: Celebration of Discipline (Richard Foster) Clowning in Rome (Nouwen) and just started Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...(Crowder). I'm actually really into the Crowder one today. Can't wait to get home and read some more.

"Borrowed" the neighbors wireless from the front porch the other night and Kevin and I gave Itunes a workout. What.a.blast. For over and hour we listened to snippets of all these oldies we grew up on. Didn't take time to download them all, but there is a favs playlist in our future...

It's been a long week or so. By long, I mean I haven't been home as much as I have grown to like. I'm much more balanced when I'm home more than gone. Just can't keep the pace anymore...It was nice this morning though; John and Shawna took my suggestion and got in the pool for an hour this morning. It's nice to see them chill. It was a gorgeous morning and I enjoyed having them steal away for some R & R, if only for an hour...

After 17 years of acrylic nails, I decided to take them off. Jury's still out on whether I can take it or not. They actually looked great the first day. It's been a steady downhill ever since. Not quite two weeks. Second night in, they actually kept me awake all night. Can't explain really. They are just sensitive and they catch on everything. Plus, I discovered yesterday, with the anxiety of hosting Crowder and preparations etc. I am still a nail picker under stress. Stink. If a habit can't be busted in 17 years there is literally no hope. None at all.

Chandler and Harrison raced in the second Soap Box Derby over the weekend. Out of 60 cars, (30 each div.) Chandler took 4th and Harrison, 7th. They did great. And, oh.so.cute. The morning involved an embarrassing moment or two for me that I will take to my grave, but other than that it was a beautiful day.

Started a choir. Had our first weekend of services and they rocked. Hope to attract a few more people but not a bad start. Not bad at all.

I'm really enjoying my morning routine. Coffee on the porch with a book. Watering my gorgeous flowers that seem to be having a good year. Loving the sweet potato vines I bought this year. Gorgeous green. Chose different color combos than I have in the past. Loving that too. Feed my birds. Watch my birds. Laugh at birds when they poop on Kevin's pool cover.

I suppose I should quit. Rehearsal here in a few minutes. I've had a few late nights in a row. My eyes are heavy. Might connect the lips with a cup of coffee here in a bit...

Have a great end of the week...

3 Comments:

Blogger The Mollet Family said...

Loretta, I sure hope you enjoy Celebration of Discipline. I can actually say that I've read it and enjoyed it...hope my brother or father reads this to see that I really can read a book all the way through...Enjoy

8:39 AM  
Blogger sara said...

i love reading stories about your life. i love hearing about the time that you and Kevin spend together...laughing, loving, teasing (bird poop on the pool cover comment - funny.) gives me hope that you can still be in love and enjoy each other's company through the years. i love the interaction you had with Crowder! make me laugh. i love that you love life. and i love you! thanks for the read and enjoy the pool for me today okay!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hillsong United.....nice. Hanging with Crowder....nice. Nice. Swimming in the pool....nice. You should come visit Cincy. :) Good to see you a while back. Much love.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home