Thursday, November 15, 2007

I never know when I'll hear it. Might be in the middle of something, might be knee-deep in nothing, but when it rings my heart leaps. Sometimes I even squeal. Partially because of her ringtone [When You Call On Jesus, which I'd rather hear her sing than Nicole any day...] but mostly because I know her voice is on the other side of that call. When she pops in at work and I look up to see her standing there I'm like a kid on Christmas morning. I asked God the other day if it was okay to love her as much as I do. If He's jealous of my love for her. If He searches the deep places to find she's in His spot...

There's a 37-year-old father in Tennessee arrested in September for controlling his two teenage daughters with dog shock collars and raping them for years.

I can not get my mind around that kind of darkness. That kind of brokenness. But I do have my answer. I don't love my daughter more than I love Him. I love my daughter because of Him. She is His constant blessing on my life. She is His promise to put all things right and a little glimpse into His love for me...

Not that He didn't find an idol or two but it wasn't her. My love for this sweet girl not only honors Him, could I even say worships Him, but may well be the closest thing to His unconditional love in my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home