Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I told my sister I was thinking about learning to mow our grass.

Okay, I know how that sounds, but my musical skills are a direct result of the yard work I escaped by practicing growing up. I haven’t ever had to learn since in addition to curbside garbage detail Kevin maintains our lawn. So I was telling her I wanted to learn.

We were on the phone so I couldn’t see her face but I know she was probably imagining me with a tiara on my head or nursing a broken nail or something, and she was laughing at me. Hard. I tried to tell her I mowed once when I was at home but I couldn’t remember doing the whole yard or anything. She kept laughing and said, “You? Touch a mower? Was it in your way?”

Funny. Not very nice, but funny.

6 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

"You? Touch a mower? Was it in your way?"

Funny. Very, very funny. I can actually hear her say that! You know, mowing is quite the empowering experience. Plus, think of the tan you can get! That was always a nice motivation for me. Good luck though :)

10:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Funny? That was freaking hilarious! Next thing you know you'll be giving up shopping! Nothing but love Ret!!!

12:06 AM  
Blogger deby said...

So now besides Denny Wilson to contend with as competition, I have you with the tiara.

Good line Vern!

3:34 AM  
Blogger ret said...

Erin:Tan sounds really good right now so not a bad thought.

Gil: Can feel the love. Jerk.

Deby: Rest assured it would take more than a tiara. I haven't had a cute butt since I was 2. :)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

So look at it as a tan AND a return to the cute butt (and you can sing to your heart's content while you mow...trust me on this one;)

9:31 PM  
Blogger ret said...

Singing maybe. It will take a lot more than mowing to cutify my posterior. Probably something involving a lot of gross suction going on...

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home