Saturday, June 18, 2005

all the doings...

Right. I only wish there had been doings. Aside from caring for Tig [who John thinks is purely playing me for the attention] and Kev's tumble down the basement stairs, not a whole lot going on this end of the cul-de-sac. And yes, Kev fell down the stairs Thursday night. He chose the head-first version and his arms received the impact of the body that followed. So, as of the last two days, he is pretty stiff and sore and requires my assistance for a few basic operations like fastening his pants, pulling on his socks, etc. [I'd suspect he staged this whole thing and is also playing me for the attention except it hurts too much to play his bass and he would never fake that even for a little tlc...]

Thankfully he can attend to his personal hygiene requirements, but I have had to step it up in the pool maintenance dept. And, if he isn't better in a day or two, looks like I might have a 2nd go at the grass as well :)

We're at one week with the cat. She seriously didn't look like she'd be around Friday morning...Thursday night was a long one...but this morning, she followed me downstairs like "normal", took the stairs like nothing was wrong and dived into a can of cat food. She either really has a mixture of Minnesota bear in her blood or she is just sticking around to torture Kevin. [I wonder where she was when he fell...]

Well. I'm seriously due for a lofty post of some kind but it ain't gonna happen today. Not looking good for tomorrow either actually. Have a great Saturday. Mine was supposed to be spent at the Savvis Center in St. Louis with my good friends at the Women of Faith conference. Even if it isn't my cup of tea I was looking forward to going. Just wasn't meant to be.

ba-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home