Wednesday, June 08, 2005

So I made it to Bible study this morning but it was basically just getting our books and watching part of a video testimony by the author...nothing impressive so far but I'll give it a chance. I did get to sit next to familiar faces...Ginny Roberts and Heather Kim. And I smiled as I looked around the room and could actually come up with the names of 6-7 other ladies. 6-7 names I didn't know a couple months ago. Progress. And not only did I know their names but I have actually prayed specifically for them over the last several weeks and feel like I know a little about them. Progress and then some.

I'm liking this Neal guy a lot. Guy cranked out another song this morning and I got to hear it in progress. I wish I felt more like it's my home and a little less like being a guest but I'm getting there...and they've been great at making me feel welcome, I just think it's going to take some more time. I have spent so much time on the other side of this welcome thing, it has definitely stretched me a bit.

Looks like "we'll" be getting a choir going in the weeks to come and that I'll be getting my feet wet again. [For the sake of the good old rumor mill...this is not a job...just the beginning of a ministry I have sorely missed.]It will be nice to be singing again and creating again and it's going to be a bit more relaxed as far as scheduling and commitment so that's cool too. I could get used to the schedule I'm keeping these days...not ready to be as busy as I was anytime soon.

Stopped by to munch a few peas from dad's garden and as we talked in the backyard I could see the skies getting darker by the minute in my neck of the woods. This was soon to be confirmed as I drove home. Good. Ness. Darker and increasingly nasty the closer I got to our subdivision. [John & Sha just walked in singing "Somewhere over the rainbow"..how weird is that...] I stood on the front porch and watched the storm roll in, called all my special people to make sure they were safe and turned on the TV for updates. I didn't hear the sirens but a phone call to the Fey's revealed they were in their basement and were adamant I do the same. Freak me out. Anyway...storms over and we're all okay. My bench made of barnsiding that sits on my front porch ended up in the grass so it there must have been some major wind going on.

I'll finish this later...they just started "Phantom of the Opera" and they aren't waiting any longer...

Sleep well...

2 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

What did you think of the Phantom? Pretty good?? Those songs are still ringing in my head...love em!
Encouraged to know you're feeling more at home and welcomed. Neal is a good one...thankful God has allowed his path to cross ours. He's been such a good friend to have...miss him :(

10:43 AM  
Blogger ret said...

I missed the opening scene...could they wait for me...no. But I liked it. Sometimes productions like these wear me out...something in me engages knowing how much work is involved in figuring all that out and I just get overwhelmed! Silly, huh. But I liked it. I've never seen the musical so this was my first experience with the show, other than the music...

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home