Friday, July 29, 2005

barbie goes fishing...

And she caught a 2-3 lb. catfish right off the bat. Yup. It was a beaut. I wanted to keep it but dad said it was too much fuss. The rest of the morning's yield from two separate ponds wasn't really anything to write home about, but it was a lot of fun. At least I thought so. [And Deby, I, with gloved hand, removed two different fish and baited my hook with a worm as well. I also managed to tangle one of dad's reels all up somehow and he'll need to repair it at home.]

He tried to get me to cast with a lure and one of those rods where the reel hangs below and I'm supposed to use my left hand to reel it back in. Well, I ended up snagging more of the weeds behind me, two tree branches and a lot of water grass instead of fish. I just kept telling dad to look the other way. I can sightread in any key you throw at me though, so I am not a total loser.

It was a lovely morning to go. It took me a while to get used to the frogs making this sound something like a large rubber band snapping. Sounded like a song from "The Brave Little Toaster", only I always thought that sound was a dragon fly and not a frog. Now I know.

Off to my pool to see if the little winged things are gone. I may have to just deal, it's way too perfect not to be on a raft...

1 Comments:

Blogger deby said...

glad you had fun.

I bet it was those gloves that helped get the reels all tangled up somehow!

pure citygirl!

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home