Wednesday, July 27, 2005

rejoice with me...

Lol. My dad called while it was raining yesterday and starts in with his "rejoice with me..." I've learned to wait it out because ever since I told him how funny I thought that was, and even blogged about it, he begins frequent phone calls with that phrase but now follows it with some witty little piece of prose. Last night was no exception, but I can only remember part of it. I know it was something like this:

"Rejoice with me, it's time I think, The good Lord hath given the earth a drink."

That's close. I was laughing at the time. He's a funny dude. He spent Monday at the cemetery hauling jugs of water to their shrinking fish pond in an effort to rescue the remainder of the goldfish who call it home. It took him, a compassionate older lady and the grave digger most of the day to make a dent and it was too late for a lot of the poor little bubble eyed guys. There were three boys there yesterday trying to hook them with their fishing poles and drag them off the mud before they contaminated the rest of the water. He knows this because he was taking food out to give the fish. You just have to love this guy. I know I do.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is Matt18?

10:52 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I could use a good 'ol Poppa G hug right about now... got a case of the blahs. Can't seem to shake them. Golly you're lucky Ret... you had one of the coolest mom's I've ever had the privilege of knowing and one of the most caring, sincere dads ever. I mean, who else hooks me up with an endless supply of butterfingers???

10:56 AM  
Blogger ret said...

[Matt. 18:15 "If a fellow believer hurts you, go and tell him--work it out between the two of you."]

11:00 AM  
Blogger ret said...

I'll bet he still remembers the butterfingers too. Your momma and poppa are pretty cool too. We're blessed. And sorry you have the blahs...

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home