Saturday, July 30, 2005

one...

Was it Three Dog Night that did "One"? Not sure and I'm too lazy to look it up, but it would be cool if I got that song stuck in your head while you read this. Even cooler if it gets stuck in there all day :) One is the loneliest number...one is the loneliest number, one is the loneliest number that you'll ever do...or something like that.

One can be "one" lonely number. I just got on for a minute to check my email before heading out to sing/play for a funeral and meet some buddies for lunch. I made my quick link check to see if anyone had blogged over night only to see my lonely comments sitting all by themselves on several posts. Before you say I need a life...

That song reminds me of a worship seminar many moons ago a group of us attended in St. Louis. Aside from remembering all the 11 X 14 photos of Pastor Blunt EVERY where we looked, I did appreciate and enjoy them cranking this song up before he preached. He sang along and danced. All in an effort to thank everyone who helped plan and present the seminar. I remember being amazed that the congregation started singing along and pretty soon the whole place was jamming to that song. I thought that was pretty cool. I wonder if he knew how "lonely" he looked in all those pictures plastered everywhere and thought a group photo might have been more in order for the building of a church- but it was a cool song.

Gotta go...Happy Saturday.

3 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

After being gone for a week, it took me like 30 minutes to catch up on all your recent entries that I missed!! I love reading everything you write - you should write a book someday:) I'd buy it! I've missed you, Sha and the girls terribly and I enjoyed reading that Becca and Erin came over for dinner and shared the evening with you. I can't wait until September when I can see you all again. Until another week of camp is over...tata for now!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Yes, it was Three Dog Night (you knew I would know that, didn't you?).

You know I had forgotten all about them starting the seminar with that number...that was a cool moment. Thankful for the lessons we've learned and the fun we've had while learning them.

1:52 PM  
Blogger ret said...

Why yes, I knew you would know that :) And would be quick to set me straight it I recollected wrong :) Their choir rocked!!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home