Saturday, July 30, 2005

things I didn't know...

Here are several things I didn't know earlier today:

That I don't want "How Great Thou Art", "The Old Rugged Cross", "Amazing Grace" etc. sung or played at my funeral. Love all those songs a lot. Don't want them at my funeral.

Being unemployed by choice, seems to irritate my immediate family. If not irritate, at least creates a source for sarcastic, under the breath zings here and there that I am on a quest to understand as soon as I unload the dishwasher for the second time today and put another load of laundry in.

That no one with three laundry baskets full of flip flops is going to heaven, whether I wear them all or not.

That I, in all my Christianity, at my very core am pleasure driven and selfish. While Josh was preaching his heart out with the passion of St. Paul, instead of being challenged to feed the poor and bind the broken hearted, I went face to face with the center of who I am: I'd rather sing. I'd rather play. I'd rather give it lip service and call it a day.

That I look like I'm wasted when I worship.

That in addition to being jobless, I laugh like a witch [okay, I knew this before today] and make annoying sounds when chewing gooey foods like bagels and gum.

That there is a sticky dirty film over our entire house and new cracks in the ceilings...apparently...

That Coldplay really is a good band.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mmm. Gooey foods. I'm sure some would say you make annoying sounds more often than that! Ha. How come all my posts are zings of you? See you this weekend.

9:16 PM  
Blogger ret said...

You're coming this weekend??? We may be in Minnesota???? You stink.And I've noticed the zing pattern you have going on with my posts :) Hey, if I can't get them from across the hall, this is the next best thing :) When do you get here and when do you leave?

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home