Thursday, August 25, 2005

  • $50
  • fingerprints
  • tax forms

I am now a substitute music teacher for the public schools. I didn't keep my certificate current [I am an idiot] so it will take me 5 credit hours to renew, or go the route listed above and get a substitute certificate. This prompted by a call yesterday to sub on Monday afternoon at Chandler & Harrison's school. It would rock to have one or both in class but won't know till I get there. Assuming I pass the print test I have two more gigs up and coming. Both for QHS. This means I will get to rehearse the concert chorale and choir. Sweet. Very sweet.

And if Uncle Sam doesn't take it all, I will actually move out of the unemployment line into a semi-employed, earn-a-portion-of-my-keep status, which just might slow the wise cracks from the peanut gallery I call family. And... maybe not.

Man, just one hit song. That's all it would take. For now, looks like I'll be stuck with ta ti-ti ta for a while. Seems like a lifetime ago...I may have to dig out my jumpers and apple pins. JK...

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Don't forget all the giant hair bows... ahhh... memories :)

8:09 AM  
Blogger ret said...

And to think I chose to sing for your wedding...shame on you :)

8:47 AM  
Blogger sara said...

Ahh the substitute's life!! Oh it seems all too familiar:) I subbed one day for music and it was hilarious! We always made fun of Mrs. Todd (our music teacher at Ellington) for her "ti ti ta's", but God has a funny way of bringing things full circle. Cause sure enough, the first warm up exercise I had to do with the kids was the "ti ti ta's"!! I laughed...then I thought what a great teacher she was...cause here I am 20 years later, teaching other kids what she taught me. Those kids are gonna love you Ret:) QHS even - wow! You get em girl:) Maybe you could sub for Show Choir sometime and have John come back and teach em "Jazz Hands"?? :) have a good one!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

and I will love you forever for singing for me... well, I'd probably love you forever anyway... but I'm still way excited you're coming!

PS-I liked the bows... they matched all of the jumpers!

11:32 AM  
Blogger ret said...

Jazz Hands. That was really funny. And I student taught with Mary Ellen Todd. What a dandy. She was really good... And Kristy, John and Shawna still make fun of my bow collection and 80's bangs...at least I boxed them up...I still see some ladies still wearing those puppies! Lol...

9:17 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

LOL!!! I was gonna say don't forget the bows - you guys are on top of it! Ahhh, the jumpers, turtlenecks and penny loafers. Those were good days. Only saw you once a week in the office then. Memories...light the corners of my mind....any other cheesy songs come to mind?

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home