Tuesday, August 02, 2005

changing plans...

Well. We were supposed to go to Minnesota at the end of next week. That was the plan. We were following the Fey's up, getting the week after theirs at the cabin. Looks like Kevin wants to stay home. Looks like John wants to play a softball tournament on the 20th. Looks like John, Sha & I will be joining the Fey's this Friday instead and heading up to the cabin together. David, John and Sha will head back the following Friday and I'll stay with Veronica and the kids and enjoy another week away. Not a bad plan. Not a bad plan at all. Now to find somewhere to stay on the way up. We'll be making our usual stop at the Mall of America on the way up and spend Saturday at Camp Snoopy with the kids. All five of them. Should be fun. If I have to, I'll shop a little. But only a little. Big K is reading.

This cabin has been in my dad's family since he was single. My mom and dad honeymooned there. I have many cherished memories of childhood vacations there and have continued to add to that mental scrapbook with snapshots of Shawna growing up, and in our recent past bringing John there. I don't think we've all been together there since Mom was really sick so this will be neat, except we can't talk dad or Kevin into going this time around. Hoping for lake weather, we'll see. It's always a gamble.

I'm sure to write more later. Right now I need to see about that room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home