Tuesday, August 02, 2005

it could have bit me.

I had a great lunch Saturday, my first time at Roly Poly's. Pretty good eats. Pam & I met Kelsey & Tonya to catch up on stuff before Kelsey heads off to college, which we don't speak of in front of Tonya :) These girls always make me laugh-[individually they both have a keen sense of "funny" but combined they are most always cruelly hilarious and certainly mischievous. The day the two of them raced to the church parking lot after school, clad in Mr. Potato Head costumes and proceeded to sprawl out in lawn chairs on Broadway during rush hour traffic with a sign reading "Baked Potatoes" still makes me smile.]

During our 90 minute lunch we talked about a lot of things including which new stores were coming to town. Pam asked what was going in next to Wal-Mart. I assumed she meant west of and she meant east of. The only thing east of Wal-Mart I was aware of was a brick ranch- style home, complete with a black, plywood cowboy silhouette resting against at rather mature tree. I said I wasn't aware of anything under construction being built east of Wal-Mart. They said, "Are you kidding?"

Well, yesterday, instead of parking on the garden center side of Wal-Mart I drove across the lot and parked on the far end of the grocery side; the side that makes it "Shooper Wal-Mart" as Chandler used to call it. Well, it could have bit me. Where was I when they erected this gargantuous concrete mass of building and what else have I missed? It's official. I have truly spent the year in a fog.

Just tell me I didn't miss an Olive Garden grand opening...

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

How I wish my Kelley could have had her senior year with these two... good kids I tell ya... good kids...

2:34 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

What a moment! You don't give me ammunition like that very often...I'm gonna roll around in that one for a while. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

8:43 PM  
Blogger ret said...

Wow. And who needs to ourself a life?? Lol.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home