Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Crazy Days. Nisswa, Minnesota. 4 adorable miniature teapots, 1/2 price. Spotted. Examined. Admired. Pondered. Passed. Later on the same day: 1 adorable miniature teapot, 1/2 price. Spotted. Examined. Admired. Pondered. Purchased. Cute. as. can. be. Also purchased several boxes of flavored tea, also 1/2 price. Loving the tea pot. I brewed hot tea every remaining day of our vacation and even my frugal, less spontaneous little sister couldn't resist admiring it on the counter.

Home. Purchased a new tea kettle in which to heat water for miniature teapot purchased in Nisswa. [it has a cute little basket for the tea bag or leaves into which hot water is poured and then dispensed through the adorable little yellow spout into my cup of choice...and having heard Brian's method of brewing tea is both messy and time consuming, this is really the way to go...]

Moments ago: I place full tea kettle on the stove and take a basket of laundry upstairs. I begin to hear its sweet whistle. As I descend the stairs I hear Kevin yelling from his reclining position in front of the living room television. Loretta! Ugh!!! Stop that thing! Do I need this in my life?! Get rid of that thing!! Why do you do this to me?!! [As he yells, I've made my way quietly into the kitchen and turn off the burner. He continues to yell and mutes the TV. He rolls over, moves to his knees and ambles his way to the kitchen like a bear prematurely awakened from hibernation. The tea kettle slowly diminishes its whistle to the point it sounds a bit like what's her name at the end of Titanic and I'm bent over laughing in the kitchen partly because of how mental he can be but mostly because he thinks I'm still upstairs and is making his way into the kitchen to turn it off...] By now he sees me and half laughing, half whining he impatiently pulls the whistle off the tea kettle and says once more: Do I need this in my life?

Is it just me, or is that hilarious stuff. This guy is a piece of work. I tell him so. I say, that type of comment should be reserved for failing transmissions, or septic trouble, not whistling tea kettles. He says I didn't need to get one that whistled and makes noise in the house. I say, that's how I know the water is hot. He says, is that why it whistles? Well, that and to further implement my devious plans to drive you completely mad before you're 50... mwa ha ha....

Better end this before I have to reheat my water...or maybe...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very funny. That poor man. I bet he was lost without you while you were in Minn! Lost...and maybe a little more peace-full. Actually, he probably kept looking for some booby-trap you'd set!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home