Tuesday, June 26, 2007

porch favs...

So I have addictive tendencies. But for the price of a dinner out and a movie (or less than...) Kev and I had the greatest time last night via itunes. I know. We need a hobby. But I seriously think we may have spent the greater part of three hours downloading and searching for songs. What did we get for our $50, you ask? Well; 50 tunes in the most random of assortments; laughs; memories, complete with the sights and smells of years long passed; and an evening I think we'll both long remember. (And that was only a sampling of the songs we wanted...it's mind blowing....) I kept wishing my mom and dad had been there. Many of the songs were ones we both remember our mom's listening to. Funny how it takes you back. Half of the fun was watching the process of capturing the faint echoes of a melody buried deep in the dusty libraries of our aging minds. Painful but hilarious. At 12:30 we headed in from the porch but listened to another hour of songs in bed. I got up early to walk and ended up sitting with Kev for another hour before he headed into work listening to our new porch favs playlist. Worth every penny to see the lightness in his step as he headed out the door...



Lol. While I'm writing this he sent me an email from work with another 50+ songs he's thought of this morning. May have to wait 'til payday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home