Friday, June 22, 2007

teaching grranimals to grrrrumpy…

A couple years ago I purchased a tri-compartment hamper. (For male readers; whites, lights and darks) Immediately alerting husband of many years to the updated system, we have since settled into our own individualized style of usage: Mine (whites, lights and darks) His (cram everything into whichever side is most easily accessible).

On days when I have had sufficient spiritual food and rest the contrast in our sorting interpretations can even solicit a smile, cutting him some slack for being the household head and for his greater contribution to our monetary budget. On days when I am found wanting in fruit of the Spirit or simply butt tired I am not as gracious. Or, as was the case a couple nights ago, I happened to be standing there when he abandoned protocol.

His answer: I thought there were just whites and colors.

Rebuttal: (Staring at the white gym socks wadded together with his oh-so-not-white jeans) Ok...

He continues: So, how do you want me to do this?


We’re into day two. He makes it a week I might move on to the proper uses of Chicago cutlery….

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Whites and lights? Seriously. I'm with my buddy Kevin on this one :)

3:39 PM  
Blogger ret said...

Nothing like dirty laundry to unite the two of you...

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home