Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Okay. I may actually be the only person on the planet who fully appreciates all that is my husband. I'm pretty sure I am. After years of practice and study, I think I really do understand him, moods and all. Last night he asked my opinion on what he should wear for a PRACTICE photo of their company employees for an upcoming 100-year anniversary celebration of JK. I thought we had settled on his attire but as I walked into the kitchen this morning I observed an alternative selection draped over the kitchen chair. I poured my coffee and decided to drink it in the music room by the window and peruse the stack of catalogs that came while we were gone. From this vantage point I was able to enjoy watching him make at least three trips to his closet upstairs, each time retrieving a different option. From this vantage point I could also hear him talk to himself unaware I was in the room and able to do so. This went on for a while, each time requiring he iron his additional selections. (This, after his second shower of the morning because he worked on the pool after his first one…) At 7:30 he pulled away and I didn’t dare voice my hesitation over his final decision. It was after all, a PRACTICE photo.

He calls me on his lunch break about something unrelated. When he finishes, I ask how the picture went. As is often the case, whether we were on vacation or not, they forgot to tell him the shoot was moved to August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home