Monday, July 30, 2007

we are old..

Kevin emails me Friday afternoon, invites me to a movie, complete with popcorn and milk duds. I jump while the offer is hot. Sprout’s had a 30 minute wait so we opt instead for Taco Bell drive through as more of an app. with the popcorn the main entrée and milk duds, dessert. Although we mix the two for maximum pleasure. In the 10 minutes or less we parked on the lot and consumed our tacos he was no longer feeling inclined to movie-go. For this I showered. We ended up grabbing groceries we had needed since returning from vacation, giving our murky pool some expensive attention and sinking eventually into the leather cushions of our 2nd story escape. I admit I much preferred our private viewing of “The Prestige” to anything offered locally in our theatres anyway, even though I ashamedly whined about it on the way home. We also watched “Perfume”, which was a bit warped and unsettling (you win some, you lose some,) “Premonition”, and “The Astronaut Farmer” over the course of the weekend. We even feasted last night on a microwave bucket of theatre popcorn and…milk duds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home