Saturday, April 09, 2005

I Love My Life Today

I love my life today. I slept late, wrote a long email to a good friend of mine, sipped freshly brewed coffee and had a bowl of Lucky Charms. Opened the windows, waited for Kevin and Shawna to wake up, farted around doing some small chores, laundry and such, fixed a light lunch, took a long wonderful shower, and listened to the new Jamie Cullum CD I got from a brand new friend. Kevin told me he loved me and likes having me home.

We got out the power washer and gave a good rinse down to the tables and chairs that had spent the winter in the garage. We are anxious to open the pool and enjoy the crisp, blue, well clear but looks like blue, water. [Not anxious enough to run the heater this early in the spring however...lesson learned last year...several hundreds of dollars later.]

We grilled burgers and enjoyed a dinner with my dad, John and Shawna and had a few laughs at Kevin's expense. I played with dad's dog Abby outside enjoying this glorious cool evening. I smiled at the sound of the wind chimes I hung on the birch tree in the front yard, a gift for my birthday from some friends and anticipate Kevin leaning over sometime tonight to tell me the chimes have to go. John and Shawna are composing music for their wedding...he seems intent on fog machines and lights. I don't know. Right now they're listening to Trans-Siberian Orchestra's version of Canon in D trying to figure out how to eliminate the Christmas lyrics. And seriously, John is pretending she's walking down the aisle while he wails on the guitar. And he says something about fire shooting from somewhere.

Yes, I love my life today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

So are the chimes still singing?

10:05 PM  
Blogger ret said...

They are. Shawna heard them all the way in her room :) They sound B U tiful. Thanks!

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home