Saturday, September 10, 2005

9 months and then some...

A lot can happen in nine months: I had Shawna. A basic school year. A sabbatical. And then some. This weekend I'm carting my Korg across town and playing it for our worship services. All four of them. That is yet to settle in, make no mistake, but mixed in with the anticipated nerves is the realization that it has been a long time. Nine months almost exactly. Not expecting it to change anybody's life but mine. But I believe it will indeed, change my life. Atleast it will zap it into motion with familiar rhythms and splash a little promise of joys to come where there has been a long dry spell. I'm ready. Yes. I. am. And two of my favorite people in the whole wide world are playing with me: that daughter of mine and her studly drummer. So, if you happen to find yourself with a free second or two that hasn't been claimed by a more significant request, whisper a thank you to our God of wonders for giving this back to me and a quick supplication for His spirit to calm my racing heart and nervous fingers. Would be much appreciated.

Kevin and I also commit to Weight Watchers in the morning. A lot can indeed happen in nine months and in the ones to come, it requires not a small amount of discipline. In preparation I ate greek, italian, and just about anything else I could wrap my fingers around this week. And the countdown begins...

PS...Shawna, John and Neal audition for the SHOUTfest on Sunday afternoon at 3:00. If you're in the area and free, come cheer them on, and if not, a prayer or two for them to have a great time and bless all listening hearts and ears would be a nice thing to do. They're doing three new songs Neal has written. Should. Be. Cool.

PSS...my video card went kaputz on my computer so that's why I haven't been updating of late. This lap top of Shawna's takes me forever to post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home