Tuesday, September 13, 2005

mind your own cart...

Is it just me or does it annoy anyone else when you run into someone at the grocery store and they just have to comment on what or how much is in your cart? I've noticed this before and actually have noted a feeling of uneasiness when stopping to talk to someone, cart to cart. Like, I actually try to keep my eyes from perusing their can goods out of courtesy. It's oddly hilarious to me. Maybe it's just me but I am curious. Or maybe I'm just fat. [This heightens the paranoia of getting caught with chips and dip in the cart instead of carrots and wheat germ.] I just think it's personal. We are what we eat or something and I don't like having people in my bidnez. You pickin' up what I'm throwin' down? [Brian taught me that.] Today I was actually walking to my car with a cart full of weight watcher crap and still they stick their head over the multiple bags and crack some joke about how much food I bought. Just idle chit chat I guess. Like the weather got the night off. It actually happens at Wal-Mart too and if I'm lucky it's when they have a nice little sale on feminine products. Oh well. Look away I guess.

As I'm writing this my little inner voice reminded me of seeing Ginny in the store once and giving her a hard time about the donuts she had in her cart. Guess I'm not only fat but a hypocrite as well :)

1 Comments:

Blogger ret said...

Lol.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home