Friday, September 16, 2005

visit to narnia...

OK. I'm a 40 something and I had never read the chronicles. I spent my youth with my nose submerged in Harlequins and they were never required reading for school so there have you. While on vacation I picked up the set during a trip to Target and began reading them in our modest cabin by the lake. I just finished the last one the other day and wanted to share my two favorite quotes. [There were several, but these I happened to remember.]

"Aslan, Aslan. Dear Aslan," sobbed Lucy. "At last." The great beast rolled over on his side so that Lucy fell, half sitting and half lying between his front paws. He bent forward and just touched her nose with his tongue. His warm breath came all round her. She gazed up into the large wise face. "Welcome, child," he said. "Aslan," said Lucy, "you're bigger." "that is because you are older, little one," answered he. "Not because you are?" "I am not. But every year you grow, you will find me bigger." - Prince Caspian Book 4

"I don't think it would be respectful to the Great Lion, to Aslan himself, if an ass like me went about dressed up in a lion-skin,"- The Last Battle Book 7

I hope the first quote will be as true for me in my silver years as it is now; the second will resonate every time I even think about stealing His glory...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home