Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A Garden Gone...

Behold, did I not prophesy, in those many days gone past,
That the apples on my apple tree would surely never last.
Now thanks to the squirrels etc., the apples are all gone,
What’s left lay chewed and rotting, and scattered on the lawn.
The corn burned up in the garden, it was most of the garden plot,
Lord, why didn’t you send some showers, when it was so doggone hot?
The taters didn’t do much; the peas did pretty good,
The tomatoes didn’t do too well, I thought for sure they would,
I can’t believe it’s over; I pulled it all today,
I loaded my whole garden, and hauled it all away.
I’m gonna miss sittin’ in the shade, watching it all grow,
Now before you know it, it’ll be covered up with snow.
Oh, well there’s always next year, like the Cubby fans all say,
If I make it through the winter, please help me Lord, I pray.
And though the garden didn’t do much, this year 2005,
I don’t mind telling all you folks, it’s great to be alive.
Now anyone who know me, knows I still have a mission.
I’d like to ask a question, can you spend too much time fishin’?
I didn’t really think so, just wanted you to know,
If you call and get my message machine, you’ll know I had to go.
And so I’d like you all to know, each fishing trip I take,
I’ll say a little prayer for you, with every cast I make.
I’ve already spent too much time, sitting here at home,
Trying to tell a story, in a silly little poem.
And for all of you who haven’t guessed, who the “I” might be,
I’ll close for now, good health, God bless,

‘Love and stuff’
from
“Poppa G”

Rome ‘Poppa G’ Greving

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Simply a classic :)

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home