Saturday, October 08, 2005

Loss is the most significant difference between these mountains and valleys we call life. I made the mistake of thinking I could linger a while more where the view is bright and the path easy. But to the valley we go and though He stands there braving the enemy in my place it is still a most painful valley.

If I had only. If he had only.

Not now. Not like this. Not yet.

Please give him back. Please give us a do over. And please not this blasted valley. Exactly how broken must I be. This hurts so bad and I just don't want to be here.

Not now. Not like this. Not yet.

You're supposed to tell us what to do. You're supposed to read me dumb poems over the phone. You're supposed to stop by and bring me coffee. You're supposed to dance with my baby on her wedding night. You're supposed to die in your sleep twenty years from now and outlive your precious dog.

You're supposed to be in the hallway tomorrow morning doling out candy and hugs.

It just wasn't supposed to be like this.

Not now. Not yet.

Not you.

8 Comments:

Blogger deby said...

I can only imagine my friend.

This reminds me of your dad - who most Sunday's Curt and I would exchange fishing stories with.

(No candy - WWLPP you know)

Your quote of the day for
October 9, 2005

"Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish."

– Ovid

8:10 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

My heart goes out to you and your family... He was a special special guy... and I feel blessed that I he was a part of my life. Thinking about you...

9:47 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Not enough words to say how sorry we are.You are ALL in our thoughts and prayers. We love you!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Your dad is a bright spot in the story of my life. My cup runneth over.
I hurt for you dear and I am so very very sorry. Love you-

8:57 PM  
Blogger sara said...

My heart breaks for you...
Thoughts and prayers are with you...
I love you...

8:16 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

what is there to say? This hurts. -praying

11:27 PM  
Blogger ret said...

thanks everyone. thanks a lot.

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home